Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu - Judo
By joining START Academy you will become part of a bigger family formed by a select few people. Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (BJJ) has become the most in demand martial art because of its practicality in everyday life and usage in the MMA world.
Capoeira Kids - Adults
Capoeira is an afro-Brazilian form which blends dance; martial arts, and acrobatics into one beautiful art like no other. Our kids classes are designed to make kids not only learn the art but develop more ability, focus, creativity, and much more.
Cross Fighter Program
The program is designed based on functional movements, emphasizing good technique, posture, and performed at high intensity, with different workouts each session. The Cross Fighter functional training program is for everyone at any level.
Muay Thai - Coming soon
This trainng is focus in the self-defense standing up and also work in the conditioning, coordination and fitness of the body. The program is for students since 12 years old onwards (mens & womans) and is focus in conditioning, getting ripped and cutting weight.
What an amazing first class we had yesterday at START BJJ Academy! Come & train with MMA figthers.
- I have grown up around the Martial Arts and have had many teachers, coaches, and instructors over the years. Professor Rafael is one of the best I have come across. I have had the pleasure of training with him for many years now. Professor Rafael has incredible talent for presenting complex ideas simply, making it possible for students of all levels to understand.
- I have known ‘Gordinho; for a very long time and I can say that he has always been an excellent Jiu-Jitsu fighter and became the instructor everybody would like to have. So I can truly say that you guys are very lucky to have him here. His commitment to his students and school go beyond words so enjoy guys and we will be seeing each other on the mats very soon.
- Rafael ‘Gordinho’ has been a good friend of mine for a long time, we grew up together training in Rio and later on we both worked at Renzo Gracie Academy in NYC.
I highly recommend training with him. He has great knowledge and methods. You won’t regret.
- I have known and worked with Rafael “Gordinho” Lima for over 15 years and can say that as a professor, leader of people, manager and person he is a true leader in every aspect. Rafael is a great asset to anyone who gets to work with him. Excited to see what he is bringing to Florida as I’m sure it’s going to be something truly special.
- I have the pleasure to know Rafael both on and out of the mats. His knowledge of BJJ speaks for itself, supported by the numerous titles that he achieved during his competitive years.
Everyone should be glad to have him in your city and I could not think of a better instructor to introduce you and your kids to the art of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
- It was my honor to have Master Rafael Gordinho as my manager, not only as an athlete but as a person.
Thank you for helping me to be a good athlete and person.
- During my career as a martial artist, I’ve met, trained and learned with some of the best in this business. But just a few are on the TOP of that list of extraordinary individuals. One of these people is Rafael “Gordinho” Correa. Rafael has an incredible technique, determination, drive and passion for what he does.
- I’ve known Gordinho for over 25 years. As kids, we practically lived at the academy, training 6-8 hours a day. Gordinho is one of the best BJJ instructors in the world.
I do not use those words lightly. He is a World Champion with a heart of gold and an eye for detail.
Most of all, Gordinho is one of the most genuine guys that I know.
- It was a great privilege to have Professor Rafael Correa de Lima visit us at Gracie Oceania New Zealand Academy.
His seminars were excellent. Lots of the simple stuff, but with all the details! Our students have each found themselves some key details that have already changed their game. The children’s sessions were excellent, and his experience with children was clearly evident.
- Without a doubt, Rafael Gordinho is one of the best Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu professors in the world. He is one of the finest Black Belt World Champions I have ever met as a person, a competitor, and a teacher. What makes him special is his ability to teach complete beginners or elite professional fighters. He can elevate your entire game in minimal time. If you want the best in life, you need to join START Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.